- RSS Channel Showcase 4867337
- RSS Channel Showcase 4256187
- RSS Channel Showcase 7735933
- RSS Channel Showcase 8342881
Articles on this Page
- 12/17/10--12:39: _Robot Unicorn Attac...
- 01/07/11--07:43: _Rain Chaos Upon The...
- 01/14/11--13:16: _The Fox And The Duck
- 02/04/11--11:59: _Nuclearoids
- 02/25/11--06:08: _Solipskier
- 03/11/11--06:24: _Jeu Chiant (Irritat...
- 04/02/11--10:21: _Love, The Game (And...
- 05/27/11--13:27: _Rainbow Dash Attack
- 11/12/14--14:28: _Lowest Discrete Auc...
- 05/11/15--15:58: _At Least I Have Chi...
- 03/16/16--11:45: _Pinball Is A Game O...
- 04/13/16--08:44: _A Poem So You’ll Kn...
- 09/16/16--12:50: _Splix.io
- 04/27/17--14:51: _Inside The Stearn P...
- 10/18/17--13:06: _Inside The Stern Pi...
- 12/17/10--12:39: Robot Unicorn Attack Heavy Metal
- 01/07/11--07:43: Rain Chaos Upon The Universe
- 01/14/11--13:16: The Fox And The Duck
- 02/04/11--11:59: Nuclearoids
- 02/25/11--06:08: Solipskier
- 03/11/11--06:24: Jeu Chiant (Irritating Game)
- 04/02/11--10:21: Love, The Game (And The Player)
- 05/27/11--13:27: Rainbow Dash Attack
- 11/12/14--14:28: Lowest Discrete Auction
- 05/11/15--15:58: At Least I Have Chicken
- 03/16/16--11:45: Pinball Is A Game Of Skill, Not Chance
- 04/13/16--08:44: A Poem So You’ll Know All Of Scrabbles Two-Letter Words
- 09/16/16--12:50: Splix.io
- 04/27/17--14:51: Inside The Stearn Pinball Factory
- 10/18/17--13:06: Inside The Stern Pinball Factory, Again
This game is exactly what it says on the tin. Turn up your speakers and be prepared to get nothing done for the rest of your afternoon. If this game is a little too hard-core for you. Why don’t you give Rainbow Dash Attack a try? GUYS, THIS GAME WOULDN’T PERIODICALLY GO AWAY IF YOU ... Continue Reading »
Effing Meteors (How do they work?). It’s a fun game in which you use gravity, controlled by your mouse, to grow meteors large enough to crush planets. Rain brimstone fire upon the planet! From the same folks who brought us Effing hail.
Simple in concept, difficult in execution. Your goal is to guide the slow duck (red dot) out of the pond (big circle) without being caught by the fast fox (blue dot). Frustrating but fun.
Something like dominoes but with nuclear explosions, gravitational pull, colorful shrapnel and blackholes. Also lots of fun. Tip: you do not have to click on a ball; your click pushes the balls away from the area, and the haze shows where they will go. I also recommend turning OFF the music, it’s rather bothersome. Play ... Continue Reading »
Since we are about midway through the ski season here in Colorado, I couldn’t think of a more fun game for this Friday. Slopiskier was created by Greg Wohlwend and design partner Mike Boxleiter. It is deceptively simple yet can easily suck up all your waking hours, especially when you start learning to do tricks. ... Continue Reading »
Jeu Chiant contains no story, no baddies, no levels, no bosses, just frantic mouse-work and multitasking. None of the 2 balls must fall, and the small one needs to be kept above the level of the top paddle. Keep both balls up for as long as you can! The despair of seeing one of your ... Continue Reading »
You’re a square. But you’re not the only square. There are others. Get close to others to get their attention. But if you get too close you’ll get hurt. You draw happiness from connections. See how that happiness makes you spin. If you approach several others each will do anything to try to be your ... Continue Reading »
If Robot Unicorn Attack Heavy Metal was a little too rockin’ for you try this one out.
After months of playing, I’m finally winning at Lowest Discrete Auction. The game works sort of like a reverse auction where you attempt guess what you think is the lowest distinct number out of all the players (currently there are 232 players). Creator Nick Berry describes describes the rules like this: At the end of ... Continue Reading »
Leeroy Jenkins changed the gaming world for the better. During a game of World Of Warcraft Ben Schulz was away from his computer reheating some KFC so he didn’t listen any of his group’s attack plans. His haphazard charge turned out to be a landmark event and it ended up spawning what is arguably the ... Continue Reading »
Pinball was illegal in New York City from 1940 till 1976. The above short explores the surprisingly troubled history of pinball in New York and why it was banned there for over 35 years. The ban was lifted when WWII ended and the state finally (and rightfully) determined that pinball is a game of skill […]
Happy National Scrabble Day! David Bukszpan, author of Is That a Word?, wrote this poem to help us remember all 101 105 two-letter words that you can use in Scrabble. The most important lesson for aspiring Scrabble nerds is to memorize the whole list of two-letter words. There’s one hundred and one, just like the […]
Splix.io is a pretty fun massively multiplayer online game. It’s a combination of Snake and Qix. The object is to acquire as much territory as possible without your tale being touched by other players, yourself or the boundary wall. Silly me, I thought I was going to get something done this afternoon. Via Metafilter
Manufacturing as a whole in America has been suffering. Add to that the fact that video game consoles have entered millions of homes since the early 90s and you have a perfect storm that has resulted in the shuttered and faltering sales of major pinball manufacturers for decades. A great pinball machine requires a vast […]
About six months after the Popular Mechanics article about the last great pinball factory, Stearns gets the video treatment from the Onion’s A.V. Club. Stearn is the “oldest and largest designer and manufacturer of arcade-quality pinball games [remaining] on the planet” I was surprised to learn that about fifty percent of all pinball machines produced […]